The Calcutta Club USA SANSKRITI 2016 Book Fair and Theater, held on April 24, was a landmark event for Indians in North America. With the fusion of literature, art and theater, the book fair brought top literary celebrities, actors, elocutionists and artists under the same roof for a day, creating spellbinding content and an unforgettable experience for attending patrons.
The event was attended by the Indian Ambassador Mr Arun Singh, who flew down from Washington for the day just to support the novel concept. In his address to the diaspora, Mr Singh highlighted the importance of just literary activities in fostering greater relationship and understanding between the two leading democracies of the world.
The Calcutta Club thanks all our sponsors, media partners, speakers, vendors and patrons for making Sanskriti 2016 a historic event. Below are some of the media coverage videos and pictures of the Calcutta Club USA Book Fair.
1. Town of Acton TV Video Coverage of Sanskriti Highlights: http://actontv.org/on-demand/post-video/calcutta-book-fair-april-2016
2. Concord Journal: http://concord.wickedlocal.com/article/20160503/NEWS/160508980/0/SEARCH
3. Foundation TV Video Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJ5k6-wLL4&feature=youtu.be
5. TV Asia aired highlights of Calcutta Club Book Fair on May 2nd, 2016 at 10:30 PM EST.
6. Calcutta Club USA Pictures: https://www.facebook.com/ruma.neogy/media_set?set=a.10206460938470011.1073742149.1465834199
Calcutta Club USA presents
SANSKRITI 2016 - FAIR N THEATER
29 Prairie Street, Concord MA 01742
Sun, April 24, 10:30 AM - 5 PM.
NEWS FLASH - Honorable Indian Ambassador Mr. Arun Singh coming to Boston Sun for the book fair!
10:30 AM Sanskriti 2016 Registration Begins
12:00 PM Opening Ceremony – Bratati Bandyopadhyay recitation from India
12:15 PM Welcome Note by Shilajeet Mukherjee
12:20 PM Interactions with Dr. Amit Chaudhuri, direct from Kolkata. Introduced by Partha Ghosh, Chairman, The Boston Pledge and faculty of MIT/Tufts.
12:45 PM Shobhaa De Live Chat from Mumbai. Introduced by Urmi Purakayastha
1:25 PM Address by Mr Arun Singh, honorable ambassador of India followed by:
2:10 PM Dreaming Big - Dr Sam Pitroda, Chicago. Introduced by Mohit Chopra.
Book Fair Floor
10:30 AM Book Fair opens
3:30 PM Authors Recital & Poddopath – Sudipta Bhawmik, Sunanaya Kachroo, Partha Banerjee, Anay, Chandu Shah, Neela Bhattacharya Saxena
5:00 PM Close
Building on the success of the first Calcutta Club Book Fair last year, we are happy to bring to you another unique milieu of arts, literature and the stage at Sanskriti 2016. Here are some of the currently confirmed highlights (more soon):
- Speakers (videoconference/in person) - renowned authors and columnists: Dr. Amit Chaudhuri, Manreet Sodhi Someshwar, Shobhaa De, Dr Sam Pitroda, Dr Sudipta Bhawmik, Dr Vivek Bald, Dr Maina Singh and Srijato Bandyopadhyay.
- On Stage - Dance Pe Chance, a hilarious and vigorous Bengali play by famed NJ theater group ECTA AND Sipahi Ki Ma, a Hindi drama performed by Hindi Manch of Boston.
- New Books - an ensemble of India's hottest new releases for viewing/purchasing in English, Hindi and Bengali - while supplies last. Come early.
- Authors Direct - the popular platform for new writers to reach Boston's reading community leveraged by over 50 authors last year. Contact us today if you would like to sell your book(s) at Sanskriti 2016.
- Unique Art Contests - Unleash your creativity on the floor of the fair by participating in floral design, jewelry making or rangoli competition (open to all with registration)
- Fascinating Indian Food including North Indian, South Indian and Bengali delicacies.